The U.S. Department of State has announced the opening of the registration period for the DV-2017 Diversity Visa (DV) Lottery Program. The DV Lottery Program enables foreign nationals to apply for permanent residence in the United States without employer or family sponsorship. The DV Lottery Program selects 50,000 people annually who can then pursue an immigrant visa at a U.S. embassy or consulate in their home country or adjust their status in the U.S. through the Department of Homeland Security (if a foreign national is residing legally in a nonimmigrant status in the U.S. at the time of the application).
Want to stay informed?
Subscribe to our blogs & advisoriessign up here
- U.S. House of Representatives Passes Continuing Resolution to Fund Government and Extend EB-5
- DHS 'caught by surprise' by President Trump's original travel ban
- Becoming a mother in a Rohingya refugee camp
- Super Bowl Live adds acts, sets schedule for Nicollet Mall concerts
- European watchdog: More migrants heading to Spain by sea
- Immigration Crackdown – Are You Ready?
- USCIS Resumes Processing of DACA Renewal Applications Following Federal Court Order
- DHS to Terminate Temporary Protected Status for Haitians in 18 Months
- My I-751 Conditional Residence Removal Case is Pending for Too Long. How Do I Prove My Lawful Status?
- Recent Developments Related to Travel Restrictions for Nationals of Chad, Iran, Libya, North Korea, Somalia, Syria, Venezuela & Yemen