The U.S. Department of State has announced the opening of the registration period for the DV-2017 Diversity Visa (DV) Lottery Program. The DV Lottery Program enables foreign nationals to apply for permanent residence in the United States without employer or family sponsorship. The DV Lottery Program selects 50,000 people annually who can then pursue an immigrant visa at a U.S. embassy or consulate in their home country or adjust their status in the U.S. through the Department of Homeland Security (if a foreign national is residing legally in a nonimmigrant status in the U.S. at the time of the application).
Want to stay informed?
Subscribe to our blogs & advisoriessign up here
- New Law Governs Immigrant Worksite Enforcement Actions in California
- For Austria’s Muslims, country’s hard-right turn signals an ominous direction
- Syrian refugee detained in Greece on terror charge
- 'Poor People's Campaign' set to launch near US-Mexico border
- Review: Two very different movies at Film Streams, a documentary and a quirky drama, both illuminate human strife
- Diversity Visa (Green Card Lottery) Entries Discarded by DOS Due to Glitch, New Period Opens on October 18, 2017
- 2019 Diversity Visa Lottery Registration Open October 3 – November 7, 2017
- EB-5 Regional Center Program Extended to December 8, 2017
- DHS to Wind Down DACA Program Over a Six-Month Period
- USCIS to Implement In-Person Interviews for Certain Immigration Benefits