The U.S. Department of State has announced the opening of the registration period for the DV-2017 Diversity Visa (DV) Lottery Program. The DV Lottery Program enables foreign nationals to apply for permanent residence in the United States without employer or family sponsorship. The DV Lottery Program selects 50,000 people annually who can then pursue an immigrant visa at a U.S. embassy or consulate in their home country or adjust their status in the U.S. through the Department of Homeland Security (if a foreign national is residing legally in a nonimmigrant status in the U.S. at the time of the application).
Want to stay informed?
Subscribe to our blogs & advisoriessign up here
- USCIS Releases New Form I-9 Dated July 17, 2017
- Supreme Court Partially Reinstates Executive Order on Travel
- DACA (“DREAMers”) Program Still in Effect, But DAPA Rescinded; Trump Delays Enforcement of Executive Order on Travel
- I-9 Compliance & H-1B, H-4 Visa Changes in Trump’s 1st 100 Days
- How Do Recent Government Announcements and Actions Affect the H-1B Visa Program?