The U.S. Department of State has announced the opening of the registration period for the DV-2017 Diversity Visa (DV) Lottery Program. The DV Lottery Program enables foreign nationals to apply for permanent residence in the United States without employer or family sponsorship. The DV Lottery Program selects 50,000 people annually who can then pursue an immigrant visa at a U.S. embassy or consulate in their home country or adjust their status in the U.S. through the Department of Homeland Security (if a foreign national is residing legally in a nonimmigrant status in the U.S. at the time of the application).
Want to stay informed?
Subscribe to our blogs & advisoriessign up here
- Sanctions Risk Casts Shadow Over Myanmar's Opening to the West
- Second Circuit Remands Ineffective Assistance Claim for Lawyer’s Failure to Apprise Naturalized U.S. Citizen of Denaturalization Risk Before Guilty Plea
- Enloe students walk out to protest gun violence
- Trump administration helps close nearly half of Florida's resettlement offices, diverting refugees to DCF
- The Saturday Profile: Long Before Cambridge Analytica, a Belief in the ‘Power of the Subliminal’
- Immigration Crackdown – Are You Ready?
- USCIS Resumes Processing of DACA Renewal Applications Following Federal Court Order
- DHS to Terminate Temporary Protected Status for Haitians in 18 Months
- My I-751 Conditional Residence Removal Case is Pending for Too Long. How Do I Prove My Lawful Status?
- Recent Developments Related to Travel Restrictions for Nationals of Chad, Iran, Libya, North Korea, Somalia, Syria, Venezuela & Yemen