The U.S. Department of State has announced the opening of the registration period for the DV-2017 Diversity Visa (DV) Lottery Program. The DV Lottery Program enables foreign nationals to apply for permanent residence in the United States without employer or family sponsorship. The DV Lottery Program selects 50,000 people annually who can then pursue an immigrant visa at a U.S. embassy or consulate in their home country or adjust their status in the U.S. through the Department of Homeland Security (if a foreign national is residing legally in a nonimmigrant status in the U.S. at the time of the application).
Want to stay informed?
Subscribe to our blogs & advisoriessign up here
- $18 Million Worth of Cocaine Found in Bananas Donated to Texas Prison, Authorities Say
- Sec. Mike Pompeo talks North Korea, the UN and trade
- Summaries of the governor's races on the ballot in 36 states
- United States: 8 Best Practices For Managing U.S. Immigration Compliance In 2018 (Part 3 Of 5) - Mintz
- US seeks to curtail green cards for immigrants on public aid
- Our Trip Inside an Immigrant Detention Facility and How Congress Can Improve the Asylum Process
- Immigration Crackdown – Are You Ready?
- USCIS Resumes Processing of DACA Renewal Applications Following Federal Court Order
- DHS to Terminate Temporary Protected Status for Haitians in 18 Months
- My I-751 Conditional Residence Removal Case is Pending for Too Long. How Do I Prove My Lawful Status?