As the name suggests, the EB-4 category is for “special immigrants” as enumerated in the Immigration and Nationality Act. The main type of special immigrant is the religious worker. Special immigrants also include Panama Canal Treaty employees, Amerasian children, certain employees of U.S. foreign service posts abroad, certain retired employees of international organizations and dependents of juvenile courts.
Want to stay informed?
Subscribe to our blogs & advisoriessign up here
- New Law Governs Immigrant Worksite Enforcement Actions in California
- For Austria’s Muslims, country’s hard-right turn signals an ominous direction
- Syrian refugee detained in Greece on terror charge
- 'Poor People's Campaign' set to launch near US-Mexico border
- Review: Two very different movies at Film Streams, a documentary and a quirky drama, both illuminate human strife
- Diversity Visa (Green Card Lottery) Entries Discarded by DOS Due to Glitch, New Period Opens on October 18, 2017
- 2019 Diversity Visa Lottery Registration Open October 3 – November 7, 2017
- EB-5 Regional Center Program Extended to December 8, 2017
- DHS to Wind Down DACA Program Over a Six-Month Period
- USCIS to Implement In-Person Interviews for Certain Immigration Benefits