As a reminder, employers need to be mindful when foreign national employees change from a nonimmigrant status exempt from Social Security and Medicare withholding under the Federal Insurance Contributions Act (FICA) to a status in which all payroll taxes apply, especially this time of year when many recently hired foreign national employees in the U.S. are making this switch.
Want to stay informed?
Subscribe to our blogs & advisoriessign up here
- Nike's marketing strikes a chord without hurting business
- Press Releases: United States Continues To Assist Venezuelans in Need
- Amazing Lash Gains New Owner, Bids Founders Goodbye
- Seattle will vacate more than 500 convictions for marijuana possession
- CBS' 'Murphy Brown' is back, ready to 'make some noise'
- Our Trip Inside an Immigrant Detention Facility and How Congress Can Improve the Asylum Process
- Immigration Crackdown – Are You Ready?
- USCIS Resumes Processing of DACA Renewal Applications Following Federal Court Order
- DHS to Terminate Temporary Protected Status for Haitians in 18 Months
- My I-751 Conditional Residence Removal Case is Pending for Too Long. How Do I Prove My Lawful Status?