As a reminder, employers need to be mindful when foreign national employees change from a nonimmigrant status exempt from Social Security and Medicare withholding under the Federal Insurance Contributions Act (FICA) to a status in which all payroll taxes apply, especially this time of year when many recently hired foreign national employees in the U.S. are making this switch.
Want to stay informed?
Subscribe to our blogs & advisoriessign up here
- Editorial cartoons for July 21-22-23
- Baby reunited with parents 5 months after border separation didn't recognize them
- Lawsuit Seeking Notice Before Transfer of Immigrant Children Moved to San Diego Federal Court
- Judge praises U.S. efforts in reuniting migrant families
- The number of immigrant children held in Texas is up, despite reunifications
- Immigration Crackdown – Are You Ready?
- USCIS Resumes Processing of DACA Renewal Applications Following Federal Court Order
- DHS to Terminate Temporary Protected Status for Haitians in 18 Months
- My I-751 Conditional Residence Removal Case is Pending for Too Long. How Do I Prove My Lawful Status?
- Recent Developments Related to Travel Restrictions for Nationals of Chad, Iran, Libya, North Korea, Somalia, Syria, Venezuela & Yemen