The U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Service (USCIS) just made it easier for immigrants to pay the USCIS Immigrant Fee online through their electronic immigration system. The USCIS Immigrant Fee is required for individuals immigrating to the United States as lawful permanent residents. The government uses this fee to process, produce, and deliver the associated Permanent Resident Card (Green Card) to the respective immigrant. This streamlined method also reduces the amount of information an immigrant must provide to USCIS. The government listened to customer feedback and now allows anyone to pay the USCIS Immigrant Fee for an immigrant. This includes a family member, friend, employer, attorney, or accredited representative who can now pay the fee. The payor must have the immigrant’s Alien Registration Number (A-Number) and DOS Case ID in order to make the payment online.
Want to stay informed?
Subscribe to our blogs & advisoriessign up here
- Cyprus: Ukrainians Eyeing Foreign Citizenships In Wake Of Automatic Exchange Of Information - Eurofast Global Ltd
- Area activists push to make Dream Act a reality: Group presents a petition to protect undocumented immigrants brought to U.S. as children
- Tweeting rage: How immigration policies can polarize public discourse
- Orbit Law, PLLC Partners Commemorate a Decade Each Practicing Law
- A lack of bricklayers and scaffolders is holding back Britain's construction sector — and Brexit could make it even worse
- Diversity Visa (Green Card Lottery) Entries Discarded by DOS Due to Glitch, New Period Opens on October 18, 2017
- 2019 Diversity Visa Lottery Registration Open October 3 – November 7, 2017
- EB-5 Regional Center Program Extended to December 8, 2017
- DHS to Wind Down DACA Program Over a Six-Month Period
- USCIS to Implement In-Person Interviews for Certain Immigration Benefits