An Investor Who Wants to Learn About Investor Visas

E-3 Visa: Australian Specialty Occupation

The E-3 Visa is very similar to the H-1B visa. The E-3 is available to Australian nationals to perform services in a specialty occupation in the United States. A specialty occupation is one that requires at least a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent.  “Equivalent” means that a person must have three years of progressive work experience in the field for every year of education.  Thus, to have the equivalent of a four-year bachelor’s degree, you must …
read more

EB-5: Investors

In 1990 Congress created an additional investor visa category for obtaining permanent resident status in the United States to individuals in this category.  Also known as the “Million Dollar Green Card,” the EB-5 visa classification is for investors and employment-creation. The EB-5 affords investors who invest between $500,000 and $1 million the opportunity to obtain a Green Card within approximately 18 months.  There are essentially two ways to be eligible for the EB-5 visa: (1)   Entrepreneurial …
read more